John Green & Company Realtors understand that buying real estate can pose many financial and logistical challenges. Though a realtor can guide and advise throughout the process, it's ultimately the buyer who makes the final decision. Here are John Green's top five tips to make a wise real estate purchase.
1. Figure out what you can afford. It's tempting for first time home buyers to overreach and spend more than they can realistically afford. Mortgage calculators are available to help potential buyers determine what their payments would be.
2. Don't fall in love with the first property you see. Similar to romantic dating, it's rare that the first property you see will be the absolute perfect fit. Buyers who fall in love with the first home they visit should allow their realtor to show them at least 3 similar homes. Furthermore, don't compare homes until the end of the day. If you're comparing the home you're currently touring to the last one you visited, then you can't truly grasp and appreciate everything you are currently seeing and experiencing. Visit the houses and then re-evaluate.
3. Ask the realtor about the climate in the area. This applies to both the real estate climate and the weather itself. The real estate climate in the area is important because you don't want to invest in an area that is stagnant and isn't growing. Asking your realtor about the weather climate in the area is similarly important because you shouldn't invest in an area that is prone to repeated flooding or other natural disasters.
4. Visit the house more than once. If you're serious about possibly purchasing a house, be sure to visit it more than once. You may view it differently a second, third, or even fourth time. If this place is going to be home for the next few years - or even the rest of you're life - you'd better be sure it's the perfect match!
5. Hire a real estate agent. It's daunting to navigate through the housing market on your own. It's always the wise choice to trust the experience and advice of a real estate agent. Additionally, not all agents are created equal. John Green & Company Realtors focuses the attention on you and finding the house that you deserve.